[kde-linux] Upgrade to KDE-4.8 not going well

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Dec 27 12:19:44 UTC 2011

James Tyrer posted on Mon, 26 Dec 2011 22:49:21 -0700 as excerpted:

> [root at localhost 4.8]# svn checkout
> svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/branches/KDE/4.8/kdeadmin
>
> svn: URL 'svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/branches/KDE/4.8/kdeadmin' doesn't
> exist
>
> Does anyone know if the server is down, or what.  It appears to work
> when I "up" my previously checked out 4.7 SVN modules.

Are you sure that's the right svn URL?  I have rc1, not live-branch,
installed, but if I'm reading the gentoo/kde overlay ebuilds correctly,
they use:

svn/://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/4.8/kdeadmin

IOW, try inserting a (lowercase) kde/ in the path between home/ and
branches/.

(FWIW, it wasn't exactly easy to figure that out, either, as the path
used multiple variable substitutions and I had to figure out where each
one was defined... with no direct "admin" defined anywhere, so I had to
find the defaults... across multiple functions defined across four
different ebuild/eclass script files!)