[kde-linux] Startup programs in KDE

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 17 19:13:03 UTC 2011

On 12/17/2011 05:46 PM, Pablo Sanchez wrote:
> [ Comments below, in-line ]
>
> On 12/17/2011 02:09 AM, Thomas Taylor wrote:
>>
>> Is there a way to specify which virtual desktop they start in?
>> Haven't found any documentation about that.
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> When I get spare time, I've been picking away at the following
> `draft' - it's far from complete:
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/KWin_Rules
>
> Note ==== I don't believe the above will be the final resting place
> for this document.  When I'm done, I'll ask the all knowing Anne W.
> :)
>
> My point in stating the above is do not bookmark it.
>
> The above link should get you started.

Don't forget that even if it gets moved, it should be possible to find
it using the Search box.  We try to avoid using redirects, as they can
be a spider's web nightmare for translators.

Search is not as good as I'd like it, although you can narrow it down a
bit in the Advanced Search, but that's only available after your first
search completes.  I've put evaluation of other search extensions as one
of the topics for WebWorld 2012 sprint.

Need KDE help?  Try
http://userbase.kde.org or
Http://forum.kde.org