[kde-linux] Re: konsole and --geometry

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 29 18:55:17 UTC 2010

On 10/29/2010 03:32 PM, George R Goffe wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I'm trying to effect very special placement of konsole windows but am
> not able to do so. I have read that KWin intercepts my --geometry
> specs but have not been able to find where I can turn off this
> behavior. I'm running kde-4.4.2 on Ubuntu and Fedora Core 12 systems.

I am guessing that you want to open multiple konsole windows and control
the geometry for each of them separately.

In theory:

     konsole --geometry <geometry>

where <geometry> is the standard X11 format, should pass the geometry to
KWin.

I would say that if that this fails to work, it is a bug and should be
reported.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch