[kde-linux] KMail settings dont work on KDE-4.4.1

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 26 05:27:03 UTC 2010

On 03/25/10 19:35, Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after upgrading KDE-4.4.0 to 4.4.1,  the "reply" function of KMail is not
> working more properly. It does not include the original quoted text I am
> replying to. The settings menu "Message Composer Settings", Standard
> Templates, stands on "%BLANK" for all reply settings. Changing to Defaults
> brings the "correct" settings, but I cannot save them. "Apply" is greyed out.
>
> I hope this is not another authorization Issue, and I can set my own E-Mail
> structures as I like.

I don't think that it is.  There would have to be an: "*.policy" file
associated with KMail (probably it would have: "kmail" in the file name)
and I don't see one.  Only possibility would be if a password was
required to open KMail, and IIUC, you already have it opened.

Sorry that I can't be much help with KMail.  My solution for some time
has been Thunderbird.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch