[kde-linux] KAddressBook & Google Contacts

Vojtěch Zeisek Vojtech.Zeisek at opensuse.org
Sat Jul 10 22:12:28 UTC 2010

Hello,
I use Kontact as my PIM suite on openSUSE 11.2, KDE 4.3.5. It is really great
PIM suite, I like it very much. But I'm facing problems when trying to add my
Google Contacts as resource using Akonadi to KAddressBook. Google Calendars as
well as IMAP work great in KOrganizer and KMail, respectively. I have package
akonadi-googledata, which should provide synchronization features for
contacts, calendars and Google. I just added akonadi_googledata_resource to
contact Akonadi resource for KAddressBook.
When I view contact added in Google, I hardly see more than name (sometimes
with wrong position of first and last name) and e-mail or phone. Another
entries (address, IM, ....) are missing. I'm facing similar problem when
adding new contact to KAddressBook Google Contacts Akonadi resource - only few
entries from whole contact are really send to Google.
Synchronization of contacts with Google works fine in Evolution as well as in
Thunderbird/Sunbird. But KDE PIM is much more better... :-(
Does anyone have same problem? What am I doing wrong?
Thank You in advance for any help!
Best regards,
--
Vojtěch Zeisek