[kde-linux] kdebase from the 4.4 branch depends on phonon from trunk

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 21 17:15:25 UTC 2010

Trent Shea wrote:
<SNIP>
> I'm trying to avoid unstable or trunk when building my desktop. It's
> nice to build against 'sanctioned' or known to work/mass distributed
> versions. I'm not sure that trunk or unstable meet my desires.

There should be a KDESupport-4.4 BRANCH, but there isn't.  All you can
do is ask on kde-devel.

But do keep in mind that the KDE-4.4RC1 is just a TRUNK snapshot.

> If someone can confirm this phonon dependency on trunk

That is what I am using.  I think that Soprano from KDESupport TRUNK is
also needed for KDE-4.4 BRANCH.

> or, 4.3.80, and it's not just me noticing this maybe kdebase's
> CMakeLists.txt should be updated to depend on a different version of
> phonon?
>
> For the record I have tried phonon-trunk

Is that Phonon from KDESupport TRUNK or from somewhere else.

> but when it's present the qt demos that use sound fail.

> I'm afraid I don't have the error message or a system capable of
> reproducing the error right now, but I did see bugzilla reports out
> there so it's not something unique to my system.

Perhaps that problem has been fixed by now.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch