[kde-linux] Help restoring the bottom standard KDE bar.(clock, application launcher etc.)

Steven Crooks steven at worldofcrooks.org
Mon Jan 11 03:52:45 UTC 2010

On Monday 11 January 2010 02:10:08 James W. Bennett wrote:
> On 01/10/2010 05:13 PM, alexandre suzuki wrote:
> > I accidentally erased my bottom standard KDE bar where is the
> > clock,application launcher etc.How can I restore it?

> delete .kde -- It will be rebuilt then

Please don't delete ~/.kde (and please stop promoting that)! That way you will
loose all personal data like mail, kontacts, calendars, ...

Rightclick on the desktop, unlock the widgets (if not already done) and choose
"Add Panel" from another rightclick. There you have your bottom Panel. Now fill
it with all plasmoids/widgets you want and need by clicking the "cashew" on
the right side of the panel and choose "Add Widget". After all is done, lock
the widgets again.

Steven