[kde-linux] Time Zone settings etc.

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Thu Feb 25 13:41:27 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 24 February 2010 23:16:17 you wrote:
> You are going to have to upgrade to: "polkit-0.96"
>
> http://hal.freedesktop.org/releases/polkit-0.96.tar.gz
>
> And I will note this in the instructions.

Please note also in the instructions, that Polkit-0.96 will ask for EggDbus >
0.6 . It Is not yet in the SVN-Book.

> > Do I need also polkit-qt-1 ? And after all, how am I supposed to adquire
> > administrator rights with that ? Remember, the only think I need, is to
> > change the timezone in the settings menue ;-)
>
> If this works, you should then be able to go to: "SystemSettings ->
> Advanced -> PolicyKit Authorization" and give yourself the necessary
> authority.
I do not get a "PolicyKit Authorization" Icon in SystemSettings. But I do not
have done yet any D-Bus configuration, as given in your hint. Could this be the
reason ? I am going to work on it
Regards,
Edgar