[kde-linux] Mouse button/wheel

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Mon Feb 8 15:14:53 UTC 2010

I'm using KDE 4.3 on Kubuntu 64-bit, and have a Microsoft optical
Intellimouse, one of those with a combined centre button and wheel.
It's an absolute PITA, because while I'm used to using the mouse wheel
to scroll, I'm clumsy enough that I unintentionally do a middle click
at regular intervals, and that has a whole heap of unwanted effects,
depending on the program in use. In my days of using a certain other
operating system, I could just set the centre button to do nothing,
problem solved.

Is there any way to assign a null action to the centre button, and so
lose at least some of the unintentional input?

Thanks,

Brian.