[kde-linux] Re: KDE on high resolution monitor

yahoo-pier_andreit pier_andreit at yahoo.it
Sun Dec 12 11:45:59 UTC 2010

Il 08/12/2010 11:31, Duncan ha scritto:
> yahoo-pier_andreit posted on Wed, 08 Dec 2010 09:04:55 +0100 as excerpted:
>
>> I have a dell latitude with intel i7 nvidia NVS 3100M and screen
>> 1920x1080 resolution, using KDE 4.4 stable suse, well with high
>> resolution monitor I found some problem usng kde:
>
> Hi.  I'm running kde4 (4.5.4)[1] with dual 22-inch (570mm) LED-lit
> 1920x1080 LCDs, stacked for 1920x2160 resolution total, here, so yeah,
> similarly high-res.

yes but your is a big screen 22 inch, my is a 15 inch :-)

> Generally, you may find the zoom effect helpful in this regard.  It can be
> enabled under desktop effects, center tab (all effects), tho AFAIK it does
> require OpenGL.  I customized my keyboard shortcut triggers in the same
> place (there's zoom-in, zoom-out, and normal-size shortcuts).  You can
> choose between the full-screen zoom and pan, the magnifier, and the
> looking-glass/fish-eye, each of which use the same keyboard triggers so
> effectively only one at a time activates.  (Also, looking-glass/fish-eye
> requires a more advanced OpenGL which might not be available on all
> graphics hardware/drivers or may be buggy or slow, compared to the others.)
>
> You might also find the sharpen effect useful, tho the effect isn't
> exactly natural looking and some may find it annoying.  Again, this effect
> may not work on less advanced OpenGL graphics hardware/drivers.

I tryed zoom effect, it is quite buggy, zoom in, zoom out and real size
 doesn't work fine, sometime doesn't work at all, now I'm working with
zoom in and cannot disable it:-)

sharpen is better, increase total usability and with the small fonts I
can etter read :-)