[kde-linux] KDE-4 built from source

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 24 21:13:53 UTC 2010

First I note that I have been a bit busy for the last week, or so, since
the uninstall script from R went rouge and screw up my system.

So, I have updated LFS to the current SVN and reinstalled a lot of other
stuff and it now basically works correctly.

Did we reach any decision of whether we would have a forum (which I
don't like) or a list for issues related to building KDE from source?

Otherwise, if you have started monitoring the BLFS support list:

and you can ask questions about KDE build and install (from source)
questions there.

I also note that I said that I would write a new TechBase page:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4.4_Upgrade

and now that I have a system that I can build on again, I will start
working on it next week.

I also note that there is a FAQ for building KDE-4 from source.  If you
have questions that have general applicability (e.g what version of a
certain dependency is needed) please post them there.  If you want it
answered soon, you might post a note here, BLFS or send me a personal
email.  Your questions may be edited for clarity.

Help is needed to maintain TechBase.  The sections relevant to building
KDE-4 that others have written have received some hit and run
maintenance but they have become badly out of date.
--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch