[kde-linux] KAuth, Date and Time, System Settings, Bug found.

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 1 01:27:20 UTC 2010

On 03/31/10 12:19, James Tyrer wrote:
> Well after considerable effort, I believe I have found the problem and
> it is a KDE bug.

I suppose that there will be an argument about whether this is a KDE bug
or a D-Bus bug.  But, the simple fact is that KDE will install
"*.service" files which are necessary for KAuth to work in places where
D-Bus can't find them dispute the fact that the build system knows the
$PREFIX where D-Bus is installed.

IAC, I have found a workaround and have revised:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4.x
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/LFS
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Tutorials/D-Bus/Configuration

I have KDE-4.4.1 installed in: "/usr/KDE-4.4" and setting the date and
time works in System Settings although I still see issues with the
timezone and setting the I/O Scheduler in System Monitor.  If you follow
the instructions to build from source, it should work for you too.  If
not, please post your problems here.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch