[kde-linux] Am I Alone?

Paul Hartman paul.hartman+gentoo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 23:42:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 7:18 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 03 October 2009 12:54:53 James Tyrer wrote:
>> Dale wrote:

>> <SNIP>
>>
>> > If we are talking about the same thing, it is the mailing list
>> > software that appears to be at fault here, not Anne.  Again, we may
>> > be seeing different things so I could be wrong here.  I'm on
>> > Seamonkey here. Should be similar to Thunderbird are least.
>>
>> I suspect that then the problem is that she is putting the "-- " after
>> her signature rather than before it.
>>
> Definitely not.

Your message (the one I am replying to) is a MIME multipart message,
and the mailing list tagline is in a separate part from your message,
so your signature delimiter doesn't (and shouldn't?) affect it. If you
had sent a simple plain-text email it would probably not get quoted
like that. You can try it on this message, which should hopefully be
in plain text :)

--
signature!