[kde-linux] Konqueror scrolling slowdown

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 15:15:45 UTC 2009

As of yesterday's trunk (I updated yesterday to revision 937851, after
a month of not updating) and using the Qt 4.5 release, konqueror's
scrolling makes Xorg take a lot of CPU on my Intel-based laptop.  If
smooth scrolling is enabled, hitting page down on any web page will
make konqueror scroll for about two seconds, and during that time xorg
is taking 100% of the CPU.  Other qt-based apps, like Opera and Arora,
have no similar problems, and even akregator is perfectly smooth when
showing news postings using the HTML KPart.  Can anybody give me a
hint about how to track this down?  Is there an X11 protocol watcher
available that would let me see what konqueror's telling xorg to do?