[kde-linux] In KMail templates how to eliminate the > symbols

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss at iguanasuicide.net
Fri Jul 10 14:44:03 UTC 2009

In <pan.2009.07.10.14.18.13 at cox.net>, Duncan wrote:
>Steve Smoult <steve.smoult at laposte.net> posted
>200907100827.29839.steve.smoult at laposte.net, excerpted below, on  Fri, 10
>
>Jul 2009 08:27:29 +0200:
>> I refer to the reply template which will not accept a blank in the
>> "quote indicator" and adds a > for each reply.  So after a series of
>> mails I have a >>>>>> and so on.
>
>The individual words make sense, but I fail to see the problem.
>
>[snip: small thesis on quoting]
>
>I thus don't see the problem.  But perhaps I've missed it.

While I understand and agree with most of what you said, the OP would like
no quote indicator or an empty quote indicator.  Does anyone know how to
configure KMail for that, or is this a case of the developers deciding they
know what the user needs better than the user does?
bss at iguanasuicide.net            	((_/)o o(\_))