[kde-linux] Video thumbnails in Dolphin

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Feb 14 22:11:25 UTC 2009

� wrote:
> I even restart my system, but nothing happens :(
> Here's my --version output of mplayer
> /bash-3.1# mplayer --version
> MPlayer dev-SVN-rUNKNOWN-4.2.4 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
> /
> do I need execute something else? like mplayerthumbsoconfig? because I
> run this and I've no idea what todo, it's only tell me the directory of
> mplayer, what's right

You shouldn't have to do anything else.  To test it, open a Konsole in
the directory with some videos and execute:

	mplayer <video_file>

This should run the video.

> When I try to execute kbuildsycoca --noincremental i get some messages:

<SNIP>

It should run without all of those errors, but it seems to be currently
normal to do so.  Try:

	kbuildsycoca --noincremental 2>&1 |grep mplayer

to make sure that none of them are relevant.  Something like:

kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mplayer.desktop'
specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-mp1'

is relevant only if you have files of the named MIME type (e.g.
audio/x-mp1).

--
JRT