[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 02:58:34 UTC 2009

On Saturday 26 December 2009 03:40:51 Duncan wrote:
> Thomas Olsen posted on Fri, 25 Dec 2009 17:21:40 +0100 as excerpted:
> > On Friday 25 December 2009 15:31:34 Gaffer. wrote:
> >> It seems that people would rather discuss "Digital TV" rather than the
> >> issue of KDE 3.5 being dropped and KDE 4 being forced on people. Shades
> >> of Microsoft attitudes...
> >
> > Oh shut up everyone, or open a new thread with a proper subject so other
> > people tired of reading this **** can skip that thread.
>
> That's what a thread filter is for.  Good clients will allow you to
> filter (or better yet, score) on either subject line or references,
> either one of which would work, here.

Exactly. That's why I ask you to start a new thread.

1 - It's bad netiquette to hijack a thread.

2 - If you started a new thread with a subject of e.g. "Are the KDE developers
forcing people to [insert whatever]" that would be a legitimate subject on
this list and I could filter that thread.

3 - It just might be that someone wrote something in this thread regarding "In
KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops" then it
could be interesting but it would disappear in all these non-relevant posts.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen