[kde-linux] Thought in desperation

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Wed Dec 2 15:46:35 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 02 December 2009 16:30:00 Gmail wrote:

Gmail? ;)

> Yes this is one example on what I did mean.
> Since when did KDE developer get the commission to reform the SI system.

Not KDE, IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) by recommandation of
IUPAC and NIST. See e.g.
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Binary_prefix

> Why not focusing on essentials.

One man's essentials is another man's fluff. Personally, I welcome the new
precision, I was too often caught by the imprecise units that were previously
common. 10% error is not acceptable in my opinion.

> Yes I know that KDE more and more are for those that use the computer for
>  fun.

What do you want to achieve with that statement?

--
kind regards, Esben