[kde-linux] Setting GUI font size when running KDevelop from commandline

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri Aug 7 14:30:24 UTC 2009

Peter.Neu at gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working with KDevelp on a remote server. My local machine is a
> win box. I tunnel the X-Server output with xming to my windows
> screen. The problem I have is the GUI font size. It's way too small.
> Since I start KDevelop from command line there is no way to use
> kcontrol to control the GUI fonts.
>
> Is there a command line parameter I can give KDevelop to display
> fonts bigger?

The first think that comes to mind is to ask if you can set the DPI for
the X-Term application you are using.

As far as the command line options are concerned, you can display these
with:

	kdevelop --help-all

These are not all self explanatory to me so you might need to consult
some documentation.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch