[kde-linux] Debian 5.0, KDE: getting konqueror to open links from kmail in the background (and not interfere with other behaviors)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 6 21:11:11 UTC 2009

On Monday 06 April 2009 19:34:57 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> In <200904061907.43754.cannewilson at googlemail.com>, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > It is usually recommended that you file  bug report with your
> > distro.  They check whether it is a package issue, and either pass it
> > upstream to kde if they think appropriate or ask you to file a bug
> > upstream.
>
> Unless you use openSUSE.  They don't feel they have the person power to
> triage all the KDE bugs, so they would prefer you determine if it is
> openSUSE specific yourself (presumably, by using a different
> distribution[1]) and then file the bug in the correct place.

So they expect the KDE team to triage whether it is a KDE bug or an OpenSUSE
one?  How nice of them.

Yes, I do try to test on more than one distro, but not everyone can do that.
Distros do not package pure KDE (probably not pure anything else either, but I
can't answer for that) and they have some responsibility for what they do.