[kde-linux] Debian 5.0, KDE: getting konqueror to open links from kmail in the background (and not interfere with other behaviors)

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 03:09:39 UTC 2009

On Sunday 05 April 2009 05:10:36 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 05 April 2009 20:57:30 Randy Kramer wrote:
---< snipped >--
> > > That has always been a konqueror setting.

There is a konqueror setting to open a link as a tab in the
background--it works in Debian 5.0 when you click on a link in a
konqueror tab.  But, even though the other setting says to open
external links (which I presume means links clicked on in, for example,
kmail) as tabs instead of new windows, doing so brings that instance of
konqueror to the foreground.  On Mandriva2006, it left that instance of
konqueror in the background, which is the behavior I am trying to
achieve.

> I don't use konqueror as a file manager any more.  I use dolphin.  I
> can only speak from memory, which is why I can't remember exactly
> where the setting is. It definitely exists.
>
> > If so, what OS are you using (Mandriva?), and what versions of KDE,
> > konqueror, and kmail are you using?
>
> I use Mandriva 2009 and Fedora 10, KDE 4.1.3 and 4.2.2, KMail 1.10.3
> and 1.11.2.

Ok, thanks anyway, my problem is getting it to work the way I prefer in
Debian 5.0, with kde 3.5.10/3.5.9, konqueror 3.5.9, and kmail 1.9.9.

Randy Kramer
--
I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I created a video
instead.--with apologies to Cicero, et.al.