[kde-linux] KDE4 on Ubuntu 8.04

Barry Premeaux bpx at basicisp.net
Thu Oct 23 00:55:40 UTC 2008

Alain M. wrote:
> Hi, I just installed KDE4 on Ubuntu 8.04
>
> To my surprize, KDE is only 4.0.3, which I believe is quite old, right?
>
> I liked many new things, but the configurations are weird and got worse
> as I tried to fix them...
>
> Is this to be expected? Should I expect a *good* version for Ubuntu 8.10?

The release announcement for 8.10 beta says it has KDE 4.1.2.  A lot of
earlier bugs are worked out in it, but I can't tell you just how well it
is doing.  You might want to get a copy of the Live CD for 8.10 beta and
try it out.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2008-October/000114.html

Barry