[kde-linux] Can't Insert Emoticon's in KMAIL 1.9.10

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Nov 8 10:08:14 UTC 2008

On Saturday 08 November 2008, vincent wrote:
> Can anyone help?
>
> I recently installed the Kontact package & am very impressed with all
> the features that I've so far discovered - ex Evolution & currently
> Thunderbird user.
>
> However, a small feature that I've become spoiled with in Thunderbird, is
> the emoticon. Which I cannot get to work in KMail, in fact I can't even
> find them!

I think this feature for mail is currently only for rendering mails, not for
editing them, i.e. any emoticon sequence found in a mail (also those stored
in "Drafts") will be replaced by the respective image, but the current
composer cannot yet handle them.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring