[kde-linux] Problem with Kmail.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Mar 25 14:12:10 UTC 2008

I keep folders full of previous posts, particcularly the Inbox. Sometimes I
create a new folder for a mailing list or a client, and a filter to route
mail to it.  I want scan the Inbox folder for old posts that need to go in
the new folder. It is convenient to just do control A followed by control J.

This works until I get to the very end of the process. Then Kmail errors off
with (I think) a sig 11.  When I restart Kmail the Inbox folder is twice its
previous size.  If I delete duplicates then some of the remaining posts are
listed correctly but when I try to read them they become blank.  This affects
older posts more than newer ones.

The inbox holds about 4380 posts. I use slackware 12  which means Kmail 1.9.7
on KDE 3.5.7.

--
John Culleton