[kde-linux] KDE 3.5.8 not showing GIFs

Dale dalek1967 at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 22 11:38:03 UTC 2008

Sorin Schwimmer wrote:
> I'll say that Qt is there. My distro is Gentoo, I emerged KDE and it
> listed Qt as a dependency. It is true that compiling KDE is a long
> process and I left the computer running, so I can't say for sure. On
> the other hand, my USE variable has Qt3 and Qt4. Maybe there is a way
> to check for Qt?
>
> SxN

See if yours looks something like this:

[ebuild   R   ] x11-libs/qt-4.3.2-r1  USE="cups dbus gif jpeg opengl png
qt3support sqlite ssl tiff zlib -accessibility -debug -doc -examples
-firebird -glib -mng -mysql -nas -nis -odbc -pch -postgres -sqlite3
-xinerama" INPUT_DEVICES="-wacom" 0 kB

You can get that by doing a emerge -pv qt.  Notice the USE flag gif?  If
yours is not there or it has a minus sign in front, you need to add it
to make.conf and do a emerge -uvDN world to update all the needed
packages to support the flag change.  You may also want to check the
other flags there to.  jpeg, png and tiff just in case.

You may also want to check the older qt to and make sure of the flags it
has in use.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)