[kde-linux] [SPAM?] Can't Scale Scanned Image w/Kooka v0.44

dick dwannama at kos.net
Tue Mar 18 02:47:05 UTC 2008

Dave Childs wrote:
> I am a fairly new Linux/KDE user; I just installed Xandrox v4.1 in
> this computer which has a HP ScanJet C5110A scanner.  The scanner
> driver/utility program is Kooka 0.44 with KDE v3.4.2 which were
> apparently bundled in the Xandros OS.
>
> Anyway, my problem is that letter-size scanned images (gray-scale & JPEG
> format, FWIW) look OK with the preview & final scan thumbnails but when
> they are printed, either here or by an e-mail recipient (who uses Windows
> XP), the image sent out to the printers is so big that it requires 6
> sheets to show it!  I can't find any way to adjust the Output image
> size/scale.  Also, I can't find a help forum or bug report on this
> issue.  If you would be so kind as to help me resolve this
> problem I'd appreciate it immensely.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Dave

In the "Scanner Settings" section of Kooka' clicking on the "Resolution"
tab will allow you to set a resolution which will produce the image size
you want. You will probably have to play with it a bit(try a few
settings and see what results you get) to come up with a suitable
setting. At least that's what I had to do.

Dick