[kde-linux] Using ctrl-alt-F# keys crashes KDE and X.

Phillip Pi ant at zimage.com
Wed Mar 12 04:57:33 UTC 2008

> > Just a follow-up. I am starting to think this is NVIDIA's fault. I went
> > back to nv driver by renaming /etc/X11/xorg.conf and run startx. I tried
> > to reproduce the problem and no crash with gkrellm-hdplop plugin!
>
> You may want to reinstall the driver and try it again.  Don't forget to
> reload the module or reboot one.  May even try another version of the
> driver too.

Reinstall? Isn't that the same as recompiling from
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/169.12/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-169.12-pkg1.run
? I noticed the installer removes and reinstall NVIDIA driver after it
finishes.

I posted my issue in NVIDIA's Linux form:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1589973 ... I hope
those guys know what's up!
--
"I've been on some fairways that are as good as the greens we putted on
back then. We had crab grass. I remember one green where I putted
   \ _ /                 E-mail: philpi at earthlink.net or ant at zimage.com
    ( )