[kde-linux] main and location tollbars on same line

Jethro Tull heavytull at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 10 21:34:16 UTC 2008

> From: cannewilson at googlemail.com
> To: kde-linux at kde.org
> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:51:22 +0000
> Subject: Re: [kde-linux] main and location tollbars on same line
>
> On Monday 10 March 2008 19:33:54 Jethro Tull wrote:
> >
> > > From: cannewilson at googlemail.com
> > > To: kde-linux at kde.org
> > > Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:32:25 +0000
> > > Subject: Re: [kde-linux] main and location tollbars on same line
> > >

> > > Right-click on the spot beside one of the toolbars.  From Configure
> > > Toolbars you can see the four elements that make up the location bar.
> > > What I would do is add those elements to the main toolbar, then simply
> > > de-select the Location bar.  HTH
> >
> > i have already tried this, but the location bar never appears. I think the
> > main problem is that the animated logo is allways at the right end.
> >
> Hmm - I see what you mean.  The Clear and Go are added, but although the
> Location Bar looks as though it can be added it just doesn't show.  Have you
> searched bugs.kde.org for this?  If it hasn't been reported it should be.

that's probably a bug. I'll try to report it later.

anyway i finally found a solution.
The main problem was that bloody animated icon which allways puts itself to the right end of the bar. I just removed it from the Main toolbar and added it in the location toolbar. After that I could put both toolbars side to side on the same line without any problem.