[kde-linux] kde4 file locations?

Beso givemesugarr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 09:22:08 UTC 2008

2008/8/20 Paul <pkaplan1 at comcast.net>

> I'm trying to install a pasmoid for 4.1 and the instructions state: "You
> have
> to copy it to (kde_src_directory)/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets and just
> compile like all KDE4."
>
> I installed kde4.1 from kubuntu debs, so what directory would this be?

well, the line you wrote implied you'd have installed the source packages
and not the compiled ones and then compiled kde.
usually if it's only a single plasmoid then all that is useless and you
should just download the plasmoid, untar, configure and make.

this page that refers to the weather plasmoid explains the passages to build
a single plasmoid.

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Weather+Plasmoid?content=84251

there are the commands that need to be run to install it and the order to do
so. just replace the name of the tar archive with the one of your archive.

--
dott. ing. beso