[kde-linux] Automatic date and time fetching from public time servers in KDE

Sergey Kulikov flux at hotbox.ru
Tue Sep 18 05:15:13 UTC 2007

Hi there!

  In KDE's Control Center -> System Administration -> Date & Time I
checked 'Set date and time automatically' box and selected pool.nts.org
as a public time server. When I clicked Apply button the time seemed to
be set correctly. However after a few days passed my clock seemed to be
5 minutes slow (PC was always up and running during all these days). My
question is... How often does the time synchronization invoke? And... I
logged in as a unprivileged user (not root) of course. Maybe this is the
"key"?

Thank you.

--
  Best wishes,