[kde-linux] Mini app problem

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Sep 3 17:57:22 UTC 2007

On Monday 03 September 2007, Alain M. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just added a mini-application to the task bar (att the bottom of the
> screen). Sorry if I get the nemes wrong, They have been translated and I
> translate it back...

I think the English terms are "applet" and "panel".

> The problem is that my volume control has no channels, but I need to
> R-Click on one of the channels to the configuration menus!!! Where is
> this configuration stored?

Usually there is a handle for each panel applet, on its left side.
I think the default is to only show it on mouse over, but one can change that
in the settings for the panel.

Anyway, I think the configuration file for the kmix panel applet is called
kmix_panelapplet_someting (where "something" seems to be some generated ID,
so one can add it to more than one panel)

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring