[kde-linux] KDE 3 Beta

Ben Kevan ben.kevan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 20:40:01 UTC 2007

On 10/21/07, giuseppe gran <hawake at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2007/10/21, John Meyer <john.l.meyer at gmail.com>:
> > Ben Kevan wrote:
> 4

> > > Yes sir.. openSUSE 10.3 running Beta 3 ATM ..
> > >
> > > I am really looking forward to KDE 4, and also very interested in the
> way
> > > Novell will be going. With openSUSE 10.3 KDE was the default DE, and
> all
> > > other previous SUSE distro's were actually GNOME by default.
> >

> > Actually, openSuse offers you a choice at the beginning of the install
> > of which to go with.  I remember the same thing happening with previous
> > versions as well.
>
> In OpenSuSE 10.3 how can I run KDE 4?
>

> --
> http://javalightserver.altervista.org
> Linux user number 433087
> Linux registered machine number 351448
> http://counter.li.org/

If you already have the KDE 4 Base and Extra packages installed (which you
can do from the installation CD), then do the following to update yourself.

Open konsole (Alt+F2) konsole
paste:

sudo zypper ar
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4/openSUSE_10.3/ "KDE 4
Build Service"
sudo zypper update -t package

Also, on my VM now I am running pure KDE 4 and again verified it is not
ready for everyday production use... I hope to find some caveats and help
some poeple understand it better.. Plasma is going to be pretty cool IMO.

Can't wait to see more.. and i'll try to write more for the few that are on
here that may care..