[kde-linux] POP Filters

Scott Bicknell scotbicknel at cox.net
Wed Oct 17 22:04:52 UTC 2007

On Wednesday, October 17, 2007 10:45:46 am Gaffer. wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I sent this over a week ago.....   I am surprised that no one
> has commented!
>
> On Tuesday 09 October 2007 19:15, Gaffer. inscribed thus:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Running SuSE 10.2 Kmail 1.9.5 KDE 3.5.5.  I don't seem to be
> > able to get "POP filters" to work.  My mail server running
> > "Spam Assassin" tags the spam with "X-Spam-Flag = Yes".
> > But POP filter doesn't seem to delete them from the server,
> > they get downloaded and caught by  "Filter Rules"  which
> > correctly puts them in the wasetbin.
> >
> > Is it me or doesn't POP filters work like I expect it to !
> > ie read the headers and delete them from the server as
> > instructed.
> >
> > Thanks:

Try this link:
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdepim/kmail/popfilters.html

"In the configuration dialog of the POP account you can enable
download filtering by checking the Filter messages if they are
greater than box; once you have done that, you can specify a
size which is used as a threshold: messages exceeding this size
will be checked against the filter rules you defined"

It seems that they don't have any effect until this is done.

--
Scott