[kde-linux] intel 945GM+current xorg git: display garbled w. KDM themed login screen

Jens Stroebel drifter at bcsoft.de
Fri Jul 13 14:39:13 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 06:14:05PM +0200, Jens Stroebel wrote:

> We are using KDE-3.5.7 as the desktop solution and KDM as the login
> manager and had to notice that the greeting screen of KDM gets garbled
> with image data after the first logout, if "UseTheme=true".
> A non-themed KDM displays correctly.

		[...snipped...]

> Any ideas where this could come from?

After digging and building, I found out that the pixman library,
which is used by Xorg, is the one which introduced the breakage.

Commit e1dd17451cbe2c7d36205fe2fc4cea0092ee4141 (for the git users)
is the one introducing the behavior.

> Any obvious differences in the way KDM paints the screen with it's login
> theme contrary to how the KDE session paints it's screen afterwards?

I have to admit that I'd still be interested in this info...

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 01:31:47PM +0200, Jens Stroebel wrote:
> Jens Stroebel wrote:

> For completeness sake:
> In the KDM login screen, when CAPSLOCK is used, it is impossible to
> de-activate it again. (all subsequent keys are caps then).
> This behavior also does only happen with KDM, the following KDE session
> is functioning as expected (CAPSLOCK can be activated and deactivated
> again).

While I do not see the connection here, this is equally introduced via
the above-mentioned pixman library, namely the commit named above.

			greets,
			   jens
drifter at bcsoft.de
			23.....56.......drifting