[kde-linux] Kopete

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Fri Jan 12 11:54:07 UTC 2007

On Thursday 11 January 2007 5:54 pm, Matt Seitz wrote:
> Keith Powell wrote:
> > Thank you very much for your excellent and detailed instructions
> > on compiling the SVN version of Kopete.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I have come to a halt part way through!
> >
> > In item4, you say:
> > make -f Makefile.cvs
> >
> > Unfortunately, this gives me an error message:
> > AUTOCONF not found. KDE requires autoconf 2.53 or newer.
> >
> > But autoconf 2.59-12 is installed in FC6.
> >
> > Sorry to trouble you, but how do I get out of this, please?
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know.  I've never tried compiling the SVN
> version myself. I've only compiled the 0.12.2 tarball release.  My
> instructions were based on a combination of my experience compiling
> the tarball version, and the instructions I found here for
> compiling the SVN version:
>
> http://kopete.kde.org/svnaccess.php
>
> The "make -f Makevfile.cvs" command is only used for building the
> SVN version. I didn't have to run that command to build from the
> tarball version.

Matt.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have tried compiling the SVN version on three different Linux
distributions. They all fail with the "can't find Autoconf" error
message.

Having spent some time browsing through the mailinglist and forum, it
appears that this problem of not being able to receive or transmit
video has been going on for months.

I think that the only way forward with Kopete, apart from waiting for
a new version, is to tell the developers that their SVN instructions
don't appear to work and ask how to overcome the problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Keith