[kde-linux] Window Borders Have Dissapeared

Andrew Walbran qwandor at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 07:31:58 UTC 2007

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:34:27 am Alain M. wrote:
> That problem with borders disapearing happend many times to me with
> Mandriva 2007/2008. It appears that when "something" goes wrong it
> triggers that.
>
> Could someone, please, explain who is responsible for drawing the
> borders and what happens with it so that it could be fixed anytime it
> happens?
The program that draws the window borders and titlebars, and also handles
placing, resizing, moving etc. is called kwin. If it crashes for some reason
you can try restarting it from konsole (as I suggested earlier). This will
most likely fail for the same reason as it failed to start when you logged
in, but it should at least tell you why.

--
Andrew Walbran
website: http://q.geek.nz/