[kde-linux] aptitude update error

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Tue Dec 18 23:58:57 UTC 2007

when I ran aptitude update on my Debian lenny system, I got this error at the
end:

Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: ftp://ftp.us.debian.org lenny Release: Unknown error executing
gpgv

when I run ( as root) gpgv with no arguement, I get this:
c# gpgv
gpgv: keyblock resource `/root/.gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg': general error

in my /root/.gnupgp folder I have no trustedkey.gpg file, only these:
:~/.gnupg# ls -l
total 20
-rw------- 1 root root 4625 2007-11-30 15:08 pubring.gpg
-rw------- 1 root root 4625 2007-11-30 15:08 pubring.gpg~