[kde-linux] Programming a key to disable touchpad

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 4 09:07:11 UTC 2007

I need to work with an ancient laptop, and I'm having great difficulties
because when I am typing I frequently find that the input is appearing in the
middle of text somewhere else on the page.  The heel of my hand must be
brushing the touchpad.  Unlike my newer one, this laptop doesn't have any Fn
key programmed to disable it.  I'm sure it must be possible to do that, but
how can do it, and what command would the key need to be given?  I would have
though that kcontrol's Keyboard Shortcuts might be the way to do it, but it's
not obvious whether it could or not.