[kde-linux] Konqueror keeps forgetting my toolbar preferences

Боян Табаков blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 14:17:36 UTC 2006

On 14.9.2006 16:09, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using 3.5.4 and I've removed the Location toolbar and added the
> Bookmark toolbar. However, it is constantly going back to the previous
> setup with the Location toolbar and without the Bookmark toolbar. Any
> ideas on how I can save my profile within konqueror so I don't have to
> be constantly configuring it?
>
> Moreover, is there a way to set up an initial homepage?
>
> Cheers,

Hi,
You need to save your configuration as one of the existing view profiles or
create a new one. If you want your new configuration to be visible when
browsing the web for example, select Settings -> Load View Profile -> Web
Browsing, make all the changes you need and then select Settings -> Save view
Profile.
When creating a shortcut to konqueror you can tell it which profile to load on
startup with this as command:
kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing

To set a homepage, go to it and then select Settings -> Save View Profile.
Make sure the Save URLs checkbox is checked.

--
Blade hails you...

It's the honesty of these worlds
Ruled by magic and mighty swords