[kde-linux] Inserting a special character

Patrick Londema patrick at evilplatypus.net
Sun Sep 3 11:36:59 UTC 2006

On my system the files that set all these shortcuts are located
in /usr/share/X11/locale/ and then en_US.UTF-8 since that is my locale, but
it works for every other one too (check locale.alias if you can't seem to
find the exact one for you). The filename is Compose, just view it with your
favorite text editior. You can actually change the combinations here I think,
but someone else might have to correct me on that.

The files are also available online at:
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/xorg/xc/nls/Compose/ . Select your locale and
then the download link, it'll show you all the shortcuts that should work for
XFree and Xorg.