[kde-linux] HTML previews

albert.bradley at contractor.thomson.com albert.bradley at contractor.thomson.com
Fri Oct 13 22:11:10 UTC 2006

Hi again,

I was able to get the previewtest application to run, but I find it's limited in the same way that Konqueror is, e.g. not being able to display certain flash (which FireFox is able to display properly), and so on.  Plus, the preview app seems generally not to render as well as Konqueror; it puts funny grey rectangles where the full-size konqueror window puts the correct graphics.

So I'm still looking for a good solution.

One method would be:
1. bring up FireFox with the link, in a sufficiently large window size using -width -height
2. grab pixels
3. close Firefox

#1 and 3 I could handle (say from java or perl);
2 (grabbing the pixels) is more problematic.

Is there any way to do this in KDE from a program-controlled setting?  (e.g. from java or perl)

Thank you in advance,

  -= miles =-