[kde-linux] Putting Applications Icons on KDE Desktop

rf frosterrj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 10 20:22:13 UTC 2006

Did you install it from SUSE repositories or build from source?  Is it in
the SUSE menu somewhere?  If so, just drag to the desktop and chose "copy
here".

You could also right-click the desktop and choose add new link to
application, and in the appropriate tab, put the path to the binary
(/usr/bin/scilab or similar, maybe in OPT for SUSE?) or where ever SUSE puts
it.  Try rpm -qa | grep scilab from the command line or whereis scilab to
find out where it is.

Robert

  _____