[kde-linux] Upgrade/Deployment KDE 3.4 -> 3.5.2

Watkins, Michael michael.watkins at lmco.com
Tue May 16 15:31:23 UTC 2006

3.4 comes with SuSE 9.3.
I have users that want 3.5.2, naturally.
I downloaded the rpms from Novell and KDE. After some tweaking got em
all installed. I keep getting sigint errors from both installations.
I tried using Konstructor from KDE and got 3.5.2 working for the one
user that installed it. Even after opening up permissions on the
installation directory (/opt/kde_3.5.2 btw) and editing every config
file I can think of, 3.5.2 won't run for other users. I get fvvwm2
instead (unusual in and of itself).
So I've rebuilt the machine again.
What do I have to do to deploy this?
What rpms do I need and what config files should I edit?

--- Michael