[kde-linux] CUPS

Dick Barmann reb68 at bellsouth.net
Sat May 13 19:06:08 UTC 2006

I am using KDE3.5.0. After about 6 months my PC quit printing. I get
----
-- Unable to restart print server. Error message received from manager:
Unable to find a running CUPS server
----
I reinstalled CUPS in Synpatic with no change. I was going to unsnstall it and
start over but Synpatic wants to uninstall about 8 other programs with it.
Including ubuntu desktop. Would it be difficult for ma,as a newbie, to
install KDE 3.5.2? Would that fix my problem?
Thanks
Dick

Take the World's Smallest Political Quiz at
http://eastmetrolp.com/

Dick Barmann--Webmaster
http://www.barmannsbar.com
http://georgiatrailriders.com