[kde-linux] filtering in kmail (IMAP)

Pollywog linux-kde at shadypond.com
Wed Jun 21 18:03:53 UTC 2006

Is it possible to filter IMAP messages in kmail?  I know filtering works for
pop3 but I don't believe it will work on IMAP mailboxes except perhaps if it
is done manually.  I would like to have it done automatically when mail is
received (when kmail is opened) and have the suspect spams either deleted or
put in the SPAM folder.

I keep getting spams with certain words in the subject, frequently spams
with "smallcap" or "small cap" in the subject and I have tried to get
maildrop to read a list of spam subjects in a file and filter those emails
but I have not succeeded.  Unfortunately some aspects of maildrop are not
well-documented and I don't know how to do that, so I want to do it from
kmail.  Spamassassin is not catching some of this trash.

The only way I know of to do this in maildrop is to have a rule in
~/.mailfilter but I would need to have a rule for each spam subject and that
is not efficient.

thanks