[kde-linux] Man pages in Konqueror - not fixed after all!

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Feb 12 14:51:03 UTC 2006

On Saturday 11 February 2006 08:24, Werner Joss wrote:
> > export MANPATH /usr/share/doc/man
>
> shouldn't this be
> export MANPATH=/usr/share/doc/man ?

Although that appeared to fix things when on the test bench, after I powered
down to move the box into place it no longer works.  I can set $MANPATH this
way and echo it, but konqueror says that it must be set *before* starting
kde, and every time I re-start the session it is lost.  What has gone wrong?
BTW, I tried it both as user and root, and in both cases it was lost on
re-starting the session.