[kde-linux] Where does kmail store data ?

Andrew Walbran qwandor at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 19:50:41 UTC 2006

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 1:15 am, Rod Butcher wrote:
> Can somebody tell me where kmail stores its mail and configuration data
> ?
Mail should be under ~/Mail/. Configuration is in ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc,
~/.kde/share/config/kmail.eventsrc, ~/.kde/share/config/kmailcvtrc. There is
also some data stored under ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/.

> I can't find any menu options for customising this, do they exist ?
> thanks
The locations for configuration files and the other data mentioned above can
be changed by seting environment variables, see
http://www.kde.org/areas/sysadmin/fsh.php. I'm not sure how to change where
folders are stored in KMail 1.8 - I think an earlier version of KMail let
this be changed from the folder properties window, but this is no longer the
case.

--
Andrew Walbran
website: http://user.interface.org.nz/~andrew/