[kde-linux] Kwallet useless in 3.5.2?

Rich Gilson signman359 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 17:09:24 UTC 2006

I'm running Mandriva 2006 with KDE 3.5.2 from SeerOfSouls and KwalletManager
isn't working properly.

When I boot up, Kwallet comes up and asks me for my password, just like it
does in previous versions of KDE when something tried to access it, but then
behind that window I see Kopete and Kmail prompting me for my password for
every single account I have setup.

I have tried putting in the password and clicking the "Save Password" checkbox
only to have it prompt me again the very next time I log into KDE.  I've
tried going into the configuration of both Kopete and Kmail and entering in
the password on each of my account and checking the box to have the password
saved.  Same thing.  I still get prompted for every single account.  Seeing
as I get in excess of 10 prompts each time I log in, it gets VERY irritating.
Especially seeing as I entered my password for KWallet for no apparent
reason.

I've tried blowing away my wallet and starting over.  Again, to no avail.  In
fact, after I've gone through the effort of re-configuring all of my accounts
and telling them to save my passwords, I can go into my wallet and see all
the passwords saved there.  When I reboot and go into the wallet, it says
that I have zero accounts setup for each of these programs.

It's also worth noting that I am doing a proper shutdown to allow KDE to save
any changes that have been made to my environment.  I'm at a loss as to what
to try now.  Any advise will be greatly appreciated as I am fast losing my
patience with Kwallet.

Rich

--
In a world without fences, who needs Gates?