[kde-linux] problem with deleting and konqueror

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Sat Apr 29 19:35:48 UTC 2006

Op zaterdag 29 april 2006 21:26, schreef noskule:

Hi,

> wow now i have 2gb space :-), it seams to me that there never were
> somthing deleted since I did the installation of the system. What  could
> I do? Whats the problem there?

Let me introduce you to the trash bin, trash bin, this is noskule :)
When you point Konqueror to trash:/ you'll see the contents of the trash.
Unfortunately, the trash keeps all your 'deleted' files until you manually
delete them forever.

To delete files immediately, use the Shift-Delete combo on files.

And while talking about the trash and it's disk usage, I wrote a script [1]
which automatically removes all files older than 14 days in the trash. Make
sure you run this periodically (e.g. in a cronjob to run it on a daily basis
on the background).

[1] http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=38346

Kind regards,

--