[kde-linux] /tmp/dbprof prevents login

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Wed Apr 12 23:37:03 UTC 2006

I am trying to set up a second user on my system (Debian Etch, running KDE
3.5.2, but using the default Etch version of kdm). I find that when using kdm
to log in to KDE, only the first user to log in actually succeeds. When
another user subsequently tries to log in, KDE startup fails because of
permissions on the file /tmp/dbprof. This file by that time already exists
and is owned by the first user to log in, and is therefore not writable.

Any ideas on what is the best way of dealing with this? What
creates /tmp/dbprof? I can't find any mention of it on Google.

--
David Jarvie.